I have been receiving a lot of requests recently to know which pages made it into the printed version of Our Story Book and so I have decided it is pointless to keep it a surprise any longer. The good news is your page made it into the printed version of the book. Actually, we all did!
Originally the idea was to select only 100 pages for the printed version from all those submitted. However the quality and diversity of pages was so great that in the end I decided the book would be much better as a whole if everyone was represented. I believe the true value of this book, what makes it special, is how it captures an honest and unfiltered snapshot of immortality; as seen through the eyes of the everyday men, women and children of 2014. Inclusiveness was always an important part of this project, so I hope you all agree with my decision.
Other important announcements!
1. Colour - Despite the original intention of printing the book in black and white, many of you still submitted beautifully colourful pages. Therefore, if the budget can withstand it, I would like to print the book in full colour.
2. Bigger - I am also exploring the possibility of making the book a little bigger in size, so that those of you who have used incredibly small fonts can actually be read. Again, only if the budget allows.
3. Title - The publisher has rightly pointed out that 'Our Story Book explores immortality' is not exactly a catchy name and so we are playing with the idea of 'Crowdsourcing immortality' as the title. What do you think? Do you have any other good ideas?
4. Delivery - The book is now undergoing its final proofing with the publishers, so if you are waiting for a copy of the book, then I am afraid I still do not have an exact date of delivery yet. But I am working hard to achieve this by the end of this month, so that it will be with you before Christmas. (Just before we are ready to ship the books, I will send you a form asking for your current delivery address)
5. Buying extra books - Many of you have requested extra copies of the printed book to give away to family and friends as Christmas presents. So I have built a shop on this website where you can pre-order extra copies of the book if you wish. Here is the link to the official Our Story Book Shop.
Congratulations again! I am very proud of this book and all of you who contributed a page.
P.s. Please be aware that if you submitted more than one page, then only one of your pages will be selected for the printed version of the book, unless you secured a double page spread.